Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other PDF Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sunnah

Not sure where this belongs but I hope someone can offer some insight. I would like to know if there is there some documentation how I can limit a PDF’s options either when downloaded or clicked to preview. For example, when a user clicks a PDF I would like them to get only the options to print or save. And if they save it then I would like to only option to print. Thanks.

snillor

I often use PrimoPDF to create PDFs for my Art League’s website. Part of the process of using PrimoPDF lets you set limits on what viewers can and can’t do with the PDF file: you can allow or disallow things like saving and/or printing the file.

I don’t know for sure that other PDF creation applications let you do the same thing, but I’d guess that they do.

sunnah

That is interesting. Do you think it is possible to create the restricted PDF dynamically/real-time invoked by an onClick event from a web page?

snillor

What you asked is beyond my skill set; hopefully someone more experienced can answer your question.

TheDoc

You certainly can’t restrict a file to only be printed because a user can set the printer to Adobe PDF and it’ll save the file to their system.

chauger

I would lock all your PDF’s Down with restrictions. This would provide only the abilities you are asking about.
    Here is an image that may help you set the permissions: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/pdfvr.jpg/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.