Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other PDF creator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am designer by trade, but I am familiar with CSS. I have a working knowledge of JavaScript, and very little knowledge of PHP. My question is how I would go about creating this web app that I have in my head.

Problem:
    My company has over 700 Account Executives (AE) that sell online advertising campaigns. To get these online campaigns completed, my company uses a caveman-like process of AE’s submitting a Word document outlining what they want created via email to our In-House Design Department. Since we have over 700 AE’s, submitting over 400+ Word Documents to us monthly, there is plenty of room for user errors to occur, such as some fields not being completed, boxes being checked that are not suppose to be checked. Also the Word Document we use often gets changed by the AE without them realizing it. All in all causing me a headache. We are in the process of turning our caveman-like structure into more of a "George Jeston" structure with a online system that can create creative request, and schedule the ads to our websites all in one swift motion. But I believe it to be a long process that can take well over a year to complete. I have more a "horse and buggy" solution that would put us miles ahead of what we have now.

Here it is:
    A Online Creative Request Wizard.
    -User goes to an online form built with plain HTML, CSS, and Javascript (for validation).
    -fills out form
    -Instead of a submit button, there is a "create PDF" button.
    -this button creates a pdf based on the information user typed in the fields.
    -the created PDF then can be downloaded and emailed to us perfectly formated.

Is this possible without PHP?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I wouldn’t be too scared of PHP – it’s pretty self explanatory…

Have a look here: http://articles.sitepoint.com/article/generate-pdfs-php

Basically I would suggest just using PHP :)

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

This is something I’m really hoping gets built with the Wufoo API over the next few months, but we’ll have to see how that goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.