Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End paypal pro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mshort1985

Hi All, I am pretty sure i know the answer to this but I wanted to ask on here just to make 100% sure what i thought is actually correct.

Is it at all possible to have the paypal pro checkout system happen on my own domain or am I stuck having it redirect customers to paypal to sign in and send payment?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

That’s the entire reason to use PayPal Pro at all actually. The cost is higher in both monthly fee and transaction fee, but you can make PayPal transparent.

thomas

Actually, part of using PayPal Pro is the requirement to implement Express Checkout. So, although you can process credit cards on your site transparently, you still have to offer your customers the choice to checkout with PayPal — so it’s not entirely transparent.

According to their terms: “If you fail to comply with the requirement to use Express Checkout described in Section 8, you may be subject to up to a 1% fee increase to your then current Transaction Fee rate.”

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/ProVT_full

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.