Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Passing a mouse event through a div and a png

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tracyevans
    Participant

I want to pass mouse events (hover, click) to some buttons that are behind another div. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Specifically, I have several buttons and video clips on the page. Much of the page is overlaid with a div containing a semi-transparent PNG, used to give a shading effect the page. The user can not click the buttons since the PNG div gets the mouse events.

It is not practical to cut up the PNG, or image map it, since most of the page elements are dynamic. Ideally, I could just tell that div to ignore, and pass, any mouse events to whatever is under it. I have not found a way to accomplish this. Any ideas?

TT_Mark

That sounds like a horrifically bad way of coding, can we see a live preview so we can possibly suggest alternative methods of achieving the same effect?

In answer to your question, short answer is, you can’t.

tracyevans
    Participant

Agreed. Now that I understand the issues better, I see what I want will not work. I am resorting to plan B which involves reproaching the graphic design a bit. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.