Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Parallax Scrolling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    euan_mc

Hi all,

I’m a relative newbie to all things web design and wondered if someone can help.

I came across this site and basically wanted to replicate it… having content scroll in horizontally from either side of the page as user scrolls down;

http://wesc.com/footwear2010

I’ve looked as various tutorials (i.e ian lunn) and am none the wiser as to how I go about doing something like this.
    I downloaded a tutorial pack from pehaa.blog (http://pehaa.com/2011/08/intriguing-animate-on-scroll-effect-jquery-tutorial/) but couldn’t manipulate the code to do as the wesc site does.

If someone has parallax experience perhaps they could set up a quick template for me… where i could then drop in my own images and add additional rows?? If not any advice or direction to other resources would be much appreciated..

Thanks

noahgelman
    Participant

Ah yes, the vertical parallax website. I’ve made about a half a dozen of these things.

How I do it is basically take view port to document offset and use that number as a number to plug into various animations.

For example, say I want an absolute/relative positioned image to move from the left side of my screen to the right as I scroll down. I would take how much I scrolled down and set that as the left value of the image. That, way as I scroll it would move.

Changing the speed is as easy as multiplying the scroll value by a number more or less than 1.

You can also use a number of equations, any element on the page, distances between 2 points, etc. All kinds of stuff to make some custom awesome parallax sites.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.