Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Pagination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    intodesign
    Participant

I don’t understand bootstrap

I got the CSS code from the website, for example:
    http://codepen.io/anon/pen/KfIuy

But how can i make it paginate my pages?
    It’s great that everybody shows online how to do the css,
    but the CSS is just copy paste, the main question is how to make it actually work?
    Please help

intodesign
    Participant

Not quiet correct, Bootstrap also have JS

I just need a simple table list with pagination in a simple page
    I need something really simple, I couldn’t find examples online

__
    Participant

Not quiet correct, Bootstrap also have JS

Bootstrap might have a js component, but you’re not using it.
    The file you’re using is a stylesheet.

I looked at Bootstrap.js; it doesn’t seem to handle pagination.

I just need a simple table list with pagination in a simple page I need something really simple, I couldn’t find examples online

simple, simple, simple… you’re looking for something “simple,” but maybe it’s not as simple as you think. You need to build all of the “pages,” set up event handlers to respond to button clicks, tie it all together so the proper page and links are shown at the proper times… plus more, if you want to have your pagination generated automatically based on how many pages you actually have. There is a reasonable degree of complexity.

A few minutes of searching leads me to believe that Bootstrap does not include any such functionality —as @nkrisc says, it seems to be CSS only. I did find a jQuery plugin that provides some of the functionality you’re looking for; you might want to check it out.

PrincipOfCode
    Participant

hi intodesign ,

how simple you want it? did your paginated pages generated via server side dynamically or it is a static webpage? if it is simple static webpage and the number of your paginated pages don’t changes then you can use simple “:target” selector in css and activate an transaction over paginated content .. in the anchors put something like “#page1”, “#page2” and so on, its will jump to an element with the same id like “page1”, “page2” and so on ..
    if you put them in side some container with “overflow: hidden;” property you can make the same effect after all ..
    you can check it in my temporary website (look in my profile), it is absolutely without JavaScript, and its emulate the same effect and even more ..

if you use dynamic webpage, then you need to implement it via JavaScript, I checked bootstrap documentation and I didn’t find examples for pagination plugin in JavaScript, so probably you will need to made it by your self ..

I didn’t worked with bootstrap directly yet, but if you need some help in implementation of Pagination functionality I can help ..
    by the way **nkrisc ** give you nice example if you don’t want to handle it from scratch.

intodesign
    Participant

simple, simple, simple… you’re looking for something “simple,” but maybe it’s not as simple

Well, if it’s not simple I rather just create 10 pages and link it by myself,
    Why should I invest more time for something that i can do the same job but faster?

PrincipOfCode

I don’t see any website on your profile.

Thank you both for helping,
    I’ll just read more about it

PrincipOfCode
    Participant

about the profile, my mistake, now i see that such an info did not presented ..
    my temporary web site: http://192.185.79.13/~eli/Portfolio/
    note: it is a hard codded example!

In this web site i used “:target” selector, transformation over X and “overflow: hidden;” to create some kind of Pagination effect ..
    But in some way it is much more “Tab to Target” effect ..

about posting links in this forum, i did not sure what is the rules ..

__
    Participant

@PrincipOfCode: that’s pretty sweet.

Well, if it’s not simple I rather just create 10 pages and link it by myself, Why should I invest more time for something that i can do the same job but faster?

Well, no, you certainly don’t have to. Likewise, no one else has to. So it really comes down to how much effort you’re willing to put forth to get what you want.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.