Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Pages or Categories Pt. II

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    coltzilla

I found a thread in your forums that explained a process for inserting CSS into a new custom theme, which would allow a WordPress administrator to create a page that would act as an archive for a specific category of posts. I followed the instructions in that thread and attempted to create my own Template for this to work. I have failed to do so.

First, the following code is what is in the template currently.

Code:

If I activate that template the page comes up blank. Frankly, that doesn’t surprise me as the page code is missing. I have attempted to copy and past the page template code from the default page template for the Mystique theme, and insert the code from the thread discussing this process but it also failed and would only display a blank page.

Any advice on this would be really helpful. I appreciate your time.

doobie

Have you confirmed the category id for the desired category?

Are you going to include your header in that template? How about the footer?

Is this a child theme? Why is there an extra line at the top of the template before the Template Name?

What happens if you take out the query_posts(); ? That fill display posts from everywhere, but will confirm that the rest of the code is correct.

All things I would test.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.