Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS padding different in Chrome Mac versus Chrome Win??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JoshWhite

Hi everyone,

I’m curious if anyone else is seeing this and if so, is there anything I can do about it? I’ve got my mac laptop right here with the newest version of Chrome and my Win7 desktop also with the latest version of Chrome. The padding of the menu is different.

On windows, it sits properly near the bottom of the menu bar. On OSX, the menu sits closer to the top. The problem I’m having is with the sub menu in that on OSX, there is a slight gap now which if someone doesn’t move quickly enough the sub-menu disappears. I can close the gap, but if I do, it overlaps a little in Windows which just doesn’t look as good.

Anyone had any experience with this before?

Test Site Here

wolfcry911
    Participant

It has nothing to do with the padding. It’s the differences in font size. You’ve based the height on font-size and padding. They will never be the same across platform and will even differ across browser on the same platform.

JoshWhite

ahhh that makes tons of sense – thank you! Real simple answer that I totally spaced until I read that and look at the css again. Appreciate the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.