Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Padding Between Images…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a Squarespace website and one of the things I’d like to modify isn’t customizable in their template editor. I’d like there to be no spaces between the images on the “thumbnail” page (link below). I can add custom CSS, so I’d like to know how I can change the padding between images via CSS. Here is the site:
    http://jeffsingerphotography.com/portfolios/portraits/

Thanks!

Atelierbram
    Participant

Found a video tutorial which suggest a specific workflow in which one can change the padding between images (at 3:34 min.) in this gallery module.

Thanks for the reply.. but unfortunately that doesn’t work for the type of squarespace page I’m trying to configure. That is for a “blank page” type that you then put a “gallery” into. My page type in Squarespace is a “gallery page” and doesn’t have those controls.

It’s something that would need to be done in CSS.

Thanks for the help though!

Atelierbram
    Participant

Glad to be of help, but what are your options really? To be honest, I think it will be easier to start all over with a “blank page” … as you described (annoying to say the least, I do understand) , then trying to manipulate the CSS after the fact, because here it is inserted inline into the page with javascript (by the gallery module). It’s not really possible either, all absolute positioned wrapper div‘s which values for position change “on the fly” when the viewport width is changed. Anyway, good luck with this.

Thanks for the advice… I guess if it’s not something that’s easily done with a line or two of CSS then I’ll just live with it the way it is. It’s not esthetically a big enough gain to go through the hassle of rebuilding my galleries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.