Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Overriding element.style

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

Here is the website in question. There is padding-right: 16px; on element.style for the body. Now, I just did figure out how to override element.style by using div[style] and adding !important to the property. So, I simply put this in:

body div[style] {
        padding-right: 0.625em !important;
    }

And nothing happens. I went and inspected the element and sure enough there’s still 16 pixels of padding on the right. I want the scrollbar to be ten pixels or 0.625 ems with a base of 16 pixels. If I make the scrollbar 1 em, everything looks fine, so this is getting into the nitty-gritty. How do I make the padding-right 0.625 ems?

TheDoc

This seems very confusing. Can you provide a link? You should be able to override inline styles simply by using !important.

mintertweed
    Participant

Here is the link. I was using Chris’ method here. It worked to style the scrollbar, but now that I’ve styled it, I need to make the padding on the right ten pixels rather than the original 16 pixels and the above code does nothing in way of doing that.

mcjohnst
    Participant
    body {
    padding-right: 0.625em !important;
    }

I’d also take a look at pruning scripts from enqueue_scripts. You’re loading a ton of assets that are not being used.

mintertweed
    Participant

@mcjohnst, yep, that did the trick. I guess I was over-thinking it. And as far as the enqueue_scripts is concerned, I’m using a theme I bought from ThemeForest and will clean it up once I finish adding everything.

TheDoc

Always double check the dates of articles. May 2009 is a long time ago in web development ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.