Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Overlapping positions of elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    umagrama

Hi,

I’m trying to position a rectangle element linking a page on top of img3.jpg. This is what I got and can’t get it to be positioned where I want it to be.

“[img src=”images/img3.jpg” alt=””>
    [div>
    [a style=”background-color:#feab0a; color:white; position:absolute;top:300px; z-index:103;”>[a href=”page3.html””> Learn More[/a>[/a>
    ,/div>

I can’t ever seem to get the CSS positioning property understood correctly. I play with top/left/right/bottom parameters and they don’t seem to correspond. Help please.

wolfcry911
    Participant

what is img3.jpg? is it an important part of the content (and if so, why are you covering it up?) or is it just part of the design? I’m guessing it’s design and should probably be in css as a background image to the anchor.

umagrama

img3.jpg is the background of a java script element (slideshow fading in/out the img3.jpg) but on top of that I would like to add a button linked to another page.

Does that make sense?

umagrama

Oh, and I got a stylesheet for the page, I’m just inline CSS for my convenience until I find the right CSS setting that sets this button in place.

umagrama

Using margin top/left/right/bottom parameter I can almost get the button on the right position but then I loose it out of the background picture. But it seems wrong to use the margin to place it there, right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.