Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Overlapping Photosets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sarahjoychoi
    Participant

My tumblr blog is http://sarahjoychoi.tumblr.com/ and I’ve recently changed my tumblr theme. I really do love it, but as I keep posting, some photosets tend to overlap with the picture below. Some photosets like the “i want to stay inside all day, i want the world to go away” are completely fine, but some photosets like the pictures of dogs or the “and if you’re lucky–” post seem to overlap. What is the problem here, and is it fixable?

Shikkediel
    Participant

The HTML document has quite a few syntax mistakes and stray <div> tags. I’d have a go at cleaning that up and then see if the issue still persists. If you use Firefox, all the errors show in red.

sarahjoychoi
    Participant

Oh. So could you fix the HTML?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I think if you’d like members in general to troubleshoot, you might wanna enable right clicking temporarily. If it’s for protecting the images, it isn’t very effective anyway but it is a barrier for analysing (be it a small one). For some reason I only today see the full page layout – after enabling the element inspector. Last night when I visited, the page would not scroll down (and this is how it always loads by default). Now that I can see all the content, I don’t actually notice the issue you are referring to – all lines up neatly on my setup. But like I mentioned, most of the content is hidden if the screen height is large (resizing the window also reveals the scroll bar) which would be a bigger issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.