Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Overflow problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    btypedesign

Hey everyone…

Been having some trouble with this latest web page I´ve been working on and quite honestly can´t seem to get it to work. Well that´s not entirely true, the site works fine in Firefox, but not in Safari or Chrome.

The site address is: http://www.btypedesign.com/Tests

The problem I am referring to is at the bottom of the page. The white line or actually, white space that seems to show up on Chrome and Safari. The page is designed to look the way it shows up on Firefox (no space, compeltely flush)
    I´ve sort of narrowed it down to the social media icons. I believe what is happening is the the

containing the social icons is getting it’s style from the #footer for some reason. I tried positioning it relative and absolute but it only makes it work on one browser, but not the other.
    I am trying to remove the whole social icon

from the footer and tried placing it inside the large image and simply do position=relative; bottom=0px and presto! And it works, but the damn (white space) where the icons go still appears on some browsers. It’s as if the

doesn’t want to budge from the bottom!

I tried applying overflow: hidden to no avail…

Seriously, any and ALL help greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

Alessandro.

dtrick

Hi,
    I believe the issue is with the defined height of the footer.

dtrick

Maybe try decreasing the height of the footer to 140px or so and adjusting the social icons positioning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.