Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Outsourcing work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lucas572
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a question about outsourcing some work.

I’ve been asked to develop a website that offers corporate head shots. They want WordPress, which is fine. Using Advanced Custom Fields I can make the process for the client and their users really simple.

However, they want all of the images stored on a CDN, not on the server their WP is hosted on. They also want to use PayPal Pro to take payments. Now, I’m not a massive programmer, I know enough PHP to handle ACF, but I’m not big on API’s and I’m pretty useless when it comes to servers.

Do you think it’s wise to quote for the whole project, and outsource the CDN and PayPal parts myself? Or to go to the client proposing I do the things I can and they get someone in to do the CDN and PayPal?

Does anyone have experience of serving WP media from a CDN. And also has anyone integrated PayPal Pro before? I’m asking to get an idea of how much it might cost to outsource.

I know it’s kind of hard to judge without a lot of details, but if anyone has any thoughts on the situation, I’d appreciate them :)

chrisburton
    Participant

Just a note, there are plugins for WordPress to integrate Paypal Pro.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.