Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Our Web Design Blog/newsletter…curious what you guys think?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

The blog is mostly for our clients but I’m curious as one web designer to others, what you guys think about the information, especially about the cost of web design, and if you agree?

http://goodchee.com/newsletter/

Thanks in advance for any feedback! :)

cybershot
    Participant

it is a very clean looking and professional looking site. I like it.

Luminated

Good question Josh. This is actually a newsletter that is sent out through email, but we figured we’d get more traction out of it by putting it on the website as well, just in case people see it.

Good to know that the pricing is in line, though. We were hesistant in putting this information out there because we want to ensure that we’re being fair to the industry as a whole.

And I agree, if they are shopping on purely price point…well, then they simply have inverted priorities for their business, I think. Gotta pay to play! :)

TheDoc

I’m not sure if its Jenica or Lars that runs your CSS-Tricks account, maybe a combo of the two? But just wanted to say again that I love the redesign of the site – it looks fantastic.

I think the newsletter is a great idea, especially if its directed towards potential customers you can really market your words. I think the ‘How much should a website cost?’ article is a great one for prospective customers to read, and will certainly help weed out the ones that you don’t want to work with anyways.

Luminated

Thanks so much Doc! The account is just me (Lars).

Glad you guys think its a good idea and that the information is accurate. We’re excited about where this is going for future newsletters.

Luminated

Since the reception has been great on this, we’ve given it a huge facelift and now loop the posts to the homepage. It’s become a more fleshed out section now, more akin to a blog (although we don’t want to call it that).

What do you guys think?

http://goodchee.com/newsletter/

TheDoc

I am also guilty of this sometimes, but the titles of the posts should link to the posts.

Luminated

Good call, Doc…that wasn’t intentional and they now link (including the homepage). Good lookin’ out!

web3mantra

Nice looking cool sleek simple but i think you should improve footer section and also tags categories and resources portion not looking v.good it should better than it is.

TheDoc

I actually quite like that it isn’t as styled as everything else. Perhaps the Categories could be put into a proper list, but I like the tags and Resources as they are, personally.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.