Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Our newly designed business website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    Until now I’ve been an avid yet passive visitor to CSS Tricks. Along with my partner, I co-founded a web development business based in the UK recently and we are always looking to extend our knowledge of web development and design.

As this community seems to be alive with people as passionate as us about web development, we’re really keen to know your thoughts on our new website, launched recently.

http://www.snapshotmedia.co.uk/

Take a look and give us some feedback!
    Cheers,

SM

gvestudios

I like the clean look of the site but i think the footer needs a little bit more as far as visual presence…maybe an light/dark pixel border and a small gradient….but I like the look of the site..

just a thought

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I like it man. It’s a nice, clean look. I’ve got two ridiculous nit-picks for you:

1) The top navigation’s a:hover has text-underline. That is very old-school IMHO.
    2) I love the sunburst on the home page, but it’s too centered/plain. I feel like it needs a splash of something more.

2 cents
    take with a pinch of salt

al_m473
    Participant

using IE7, nav does not display correctly in your Tod Builders site

I like the look of your site, and I don’t mind the underline on the site nav. One of my beefs about sites like yours is that
    you don’t introduce yourselves to me. Maybe it is not good for some reason but I would like to see some info about the
    principals involved in your firm, pictures and bios perhaps.

if I was a client, I would feel more comfortable talking to someone whose picture I have already seen and have read something
    about you. just my random thoughts,

Al

Thank you all very much for the feedback, it’s much appreciated! It’s hard to find holes in your own site when you think you’ve got everything covered, it’s great to get objective opinions!

@gvestudios
    :
    I think you might be right with the light/dark pixel border, we’ve used it elsewhere on the site and that would add to the continuity, good spot!

@AshtonSanders
    :

Quote:
    1) The top navigation’s a:hover has text-underline. That is very old-school IMHO.
    2) I love the sunburst on the home page, but it’s too centered/plain. I feel like it needs a splash of something more.

I kinda like the underlining, brings it home just that tiny bit more for those hard of sight. Interesting you raise this though, as one of our clients recently requested we take this off their new site. Guess it’s a matter of opinion!

We didn’t want to go too far with the sunburst, we felt that we’ve already been quite adventurous with it (you almost need goggles!)

@Al:
    Thanks for contacting us through our contact form on our website, it meant I could get straight on to the tod site matter and I fixed it right away! Whoops! IE will be the death of me! :P
    Regarding the bios, your point is valid, we don’t do enough to make the surfing experience personal enough on our site, though we have plans to address this in the not too distant future. Not introducing ourselves immediately was in fact intentional, so look out for it a bit further down the line!

Our company thrives on feedback, and makes it worthwhile, so please feel encouraged to post your opinions about our site. We want to make sure we’ve got everything 100% correct!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.