Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Opinion: Website Flipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Corbszilla

So I have been doing freelancing for about a year now and was wondering what everyone thought of the concept of website flipping? It seems to me like a good way to get your name out while getting your foot in the door to some networking opportunities, while still learning more about web development.

Corbszilla

I also want to stress that my concept of flipping is highly customizing the templates that were purchased to fit the clients needs. Not just adding a few paragraphs of the clients contents. Though i’m sure this doesn’t make the concept less offensive to some :)

TheDoc

Totally okay as long as the client knows that’s what they are getting and their payment is adjusted accordingly (ie, paying a lot less than a custom design).

Corbszilla

in your opinion is can you even make a living doing this? for me it is a gateway into gaining bigger clients interested in spending more money (and therefore allowing me to spend more time personalizing their site from scratch)

TheDoc

Not really a gateway, although I suppose you could get some word of mouth out of it.

You could certainly do it for a living, but you’d have to do a lot of them.

Mcneri

I wish I was sure of what you mean by “flipping”. I am guessing you are talking about designing a website, establishing it and selling it to startups. If that is your deal, you certainly can become the Website Building Company. If you are known for that and do it very well you will get referenced. The one big mistake is not having a place where you can be found on the internet outside social websites and twitter.
    Goodluck. Share your website if you have one and we can all point referrals to you if we have any.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.