Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End One Page WP Theme Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kdubya

Hey there,

I am creating a one page portfolio website with WordPress and seem to have run into a couple of snags and could use some advice/a shove in the right direction.

What is the best way to go about pulling in template files or page content into my index.php? Or should I create a separate template and call in the different pages?

I have my index.php pulling in page contents from other pages using the ‘Embed a Page Inside a Page’ but it seems to have some limitations in regards to what is actually pulled in – for instance another instance of my navigation menu within each page template does not come through, only the the_content(); and the_title(); – probably excerpt too, haven’t tried it with a ‘Featured Image’ either.

Is there a better way to do this? I’m going out on a limb just trying it and haven’t had experience with it before so I can imagine there are other ways of doing it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.