Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript One Page Layout Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LaurelBrittany
    Participant

I am trying to create a one page layout for my portfolio. I have a section called portfolio were you will click on a portfolio thumbnail and it will come up above the thumbnails. You can see example of something like this at http://www.webdingo.net/eightdegree/demo1/ under team.

The second section that will have dynamic content is the services section. The only difference with this one is that when a link is clicked the content will load in the same div that contains the links. I am very new too JavaScript. If anyone could give me a tutorial or some starting points that would be great.

Thank you,

Laurel Pehrson

Paulie_D

We’d like to help but we’re not really a `code it for you’ forum. We’re a ‘help you out with the hard bits’ forum.

At the very least we’d need to see what you have so far, ideally in a codepen.io demo, to be able to offer any suggestions but, to be honest, it would be something you should be hiring a developer for.

LaurelBrittany
    Participant

I work in a pharmacy at WalMart right now and don’t make the money to hire a developer. I just bought my domain and will be posting my work online as soon as I get everything up. I didn’t want anyone here to code it for me. I just wanted to know if there were any tutorials out there.

__
    Participant

I have a section called portfolio were you will click on a portfolio thumbnail and it will come up above the thumbnails

That’s called an “accordion” slider. You could probably find some jQuery plugins that would be suitable for this, though you would need to modify where you click to open/close each panel.

The second section that will have dynamic content is the services section… when a link is clicked the content will load in the same div

That would be a job for ajax, which jQuery also has utility methods for. Take some time to study how ajax works (not the jQuery methods specifically, but the AJAX process itself) first, or you’ll be lost trying to implement it.

LaurelBrittany
    Participant

Thank you for the help guys. This is the website I am working on: http://www.captiv-designs.com. I’ve been online all day talking to Indian programmers on oDesk and I cannot afford to have someone help me XD. These are some great starting points. Do you have any favorite websites for tutorials?

Paulie_D
    serenade76
    Participant

May be it’s better to buy pre-made theme and then customize it ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.