Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Odd positioning in different browers.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cpyle0819
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have a section of my site that is spaced very strangely. I have a test site at coreytest.hostzi.com. If you go to ‘Classes’ in Chrome and in Firefox you should see my problem…at least I hope you do and I’m not crazy.
    Thanks

snillor

You have a number of unclosed or improperly closed elements – look here. I’d start there – fixing these may well resolve the layout inconsistencies.

cpyle0819
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve neglected to validate in the past, kind of new at this. Based on the LARGE amount of errors this seems like a great place to start. I’ll post back if it fixes my original issue. Thanks

cpyle0819
    Participant

HTML is now valid and I’m still having the same issue with FF.

snillor

the W3C validator still shows an error in line 158:

Line 158, Column 74: Stray end tag script.
    …ipt type=”text/javascript” src=”http://stats.hosting24.com/count.php”>

This is followed by a second error:

Line 158, Column 74: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.
    …ipt type=”text/javascript” src=”http://stats.hosting24.com/count.php”>

wolfcry911
    Participant

pretend I’m stupid – what is the problem exactly?

My guess is to change the margin-top to just top in each of the fieldsets

cpyle0819
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been in the process of moving. snillor, those errors are related to the free host I’m using for the test site, I don’t think I can do anything about them. wolfcry911, if you check the positioning of the forms in both firefox and in chrome you should see a big difference in the placement. Chrome seems to be rendering correctly but firefox is not. I’m not sure what’s causing the issue.

wolfcry911
    Participant

read my second sentence.

cpyle0819
    Participant

My mistake, I read that incorrectly. I tried what you said wolfcry911 and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.