Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS nth-child()

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ben_hawk
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to accesses each article using nth-child to give them there own hover color, however nothing I have tried works, could anyone show me how to correctly use nth-child to target each article from the HTML below.

Example

Test

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc non libero neque. Etiam nulla nunc, bibendum vel lobortis vel, fringilla sed magna.

Test

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc non libero neque. Etiam nulla nunc, bibendum vel lobortis vel, fringilla sed magna.

Test

Test

Test

Test

Thanks for any help

Paulie_D

You haven’t posted the CSS but I would suggest that the article-wrapper divs are unnecessary and may be the root cause of why the nth-child isn’t working.

Paulie_D

Here’s Chris’ article on it: https://css-tricks.com/how-nth-child-works/

Actually, I think you’re probably after nth-of-type..see: http://jsfiddle.net/Paulie_D/ANuN3/

TheDoc

If you want to use nth-child you could do something like this:

.article-wrapper:nth-child(##) article { }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.