Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Not getting mail from Nice & Simple Contact Form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mandrill

I’ve got the form set up here: [http://keithneilson.co.uk/experimental/Mittelstand/#](http://keithneilson.co.uk/experimental/Mittelstand/# “”)

Not only am I not getting mails from it, I’d also like it to remain on the ‘CONTACT’ part of the page and simply replace the form with the “Thank you” message (but that’s another issue)

maxisix
    Participant

Did you look on ure spam box ?

mandrill

Yes :D

Paulie_D

I’m not sure what we can do to help.

Exactly what is the form doing with the content of the boxes? I think we need to see your JS.

mandrill

The content of the form is not touched by JS at all. It’s simply going through the Nice & Simple form as it does out of the box. The only thing I’ve changed is the styling and adding the relevant email addresses to contactengine.php.

Paulie_D

Then I’m guessing that something is up with contactengine.php.

Frankly, I didn’t know that PHP could create and send emails by itself….I know very little about WP / PHP.

mandrill

Never mind, seems to be working now. I got a test mail from it. Still haven’t got any of the mails previous to the test one tho, weird.

mandrill

While I’m here is there any way for the ‘From’ email to be the same as the one submitted?

Andy Howells
    Participant

Yeah just change the email from to be the post data from the email address the customer types in.

__
    Participant

> While I’m here is there any way for the ‘From’ email to be the same as the one submitted?

Keep in mind that this may get your mail caught by more spam filters. The email *is not* “from” the person who filled out the form – it’s “from” your website. You might set the `Reply-to` header with that person’s email address, but the `From` address should be an address on your domain (typically something like “[email protected]”).

Andy Howells
    Participant

True, but you can also set a custom subject and mark the subject as safe in most email systems.

So “Website Enquiry – 1234 Safe Word” – that’s how I roll!

__
    Participant

In this case, sure, since you’re only sending emails to yourself.

But what’s the *reason* for wanting the user’s name in the `From` field? The most common reason is to allow you to “reply” to the message. Using the `Reply-to` header allows that, without the need for any workarounds.

Andy Howells
    Participant

I see your point, there’s no real down sides to yours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.