Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Non-profit site feedback request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dnlpllck

Hi everyone!
    First things first: I love CSS-Tricks! I think both Chris and the community do a great job, and I have learned a lot in my time as a lurker.
    I’ve been working as a marketing intern at a non-profit organization for about a month, and one of my ‘long-term’ tasks is to redesign their website. I’d like to request some feedback about my design before I show it to my supervisor.
    Link!
    I really dislike the footer, so I’d appreciate some feedback on that.
    For comparison, this is their current website RedRibbonSchools.org.

Thank you for any help =].

dnlpllck

Hi WCMiller,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry I couldn’t get back to this post earlier :(.
    I’ll definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Thank you for all the help.

soap
    Participant

Hello,

The images in the header are stretched to fit. That is a big no-no.

The graphics overall look a bit dated and not very nice (in my opinion).

I’ve found a lot of web devs focus too much on the code and not enough on the design so I would suggest practicing your design skills. Take a look at sites you like and learn from those. designbombs.com bestwebgallery.com csselite.com.. there are a bunch out there that showcase deemed “nice” designs.

Another thing is that the alignment, namely on the sidebars, is wacky. You should line everything up to a grid to make it look nicer.

Dropshadows and gradients are IN!

dnlpllck

Hi Mr. Soap!
    I think you’re referring to our current website (Link!), and I would agree with all of your points! Thankfully (for me :( ) I did not design the current website, and I’m working really hard on getting it updated.
    The design I was asking for feedback on is this: Big Image!

In any case, thank you for taking the time to look at this thread, it is much appreciated! :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.