Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End No posts showing on blog page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cre8tive1

This morning when I logged into the latest site I’m working on the blog page is no longer showing any posts. It’s as if the ‘loop’ is completely broken. The posts are still in the DB as I can pull them up via their URL: 300 Dolphins

Last night I had installed a plugin ‘contactme’ so I deleted it completely, but I’m still experiencing the problem.

In addition, the sidebar and footer are not displaying. It seems like a lot of things to go wrong all of a sudden.

Below is the link to the site and the code for the index.php page. Any suggestions on what’s gone haywire are greatly appreciated.

snorkel.jerryrossphotography.com

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

clokey2k
    Participant

It looks like it is displaying the content of the ‘Blog’ page (page ID#23) instead of running a loop.

Is the ‘Blog’ page still listed under WordPress Reading settings as the ‘Posts page’?

cre8tive1

Ah, no the setting had been lost. I fixed that, so the posts are displaying now, but it seems to be pulling a different page template. I’ve tried updating it several times and it’s not working.

Any suggestions?

cre8tive1

SOLVED: I found the answer on another site. I had created a template named home.php which apparently is not a good idea. I renamed it and now my blog page is displaying as it should.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.