Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Nivo-slider help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mdrd
    Participant

Someone wants me to make an image slider in their website, and he wants this one. http://nivo.dev7studios.com/

I can’t get it to work, it just has all of the images stacked on top of each other when I follow the tutorial :? . My guess is it’s not reading the css, but I don’t see why. So if anyone has done this before, you would be so kind would be kind enough to tell me where to put each snippet and help me out? If it still doesn’t work, I give another hard look at my code.

Thank you :D

mdrd
    Participant

The download doesn’t give me the html page, which I think is what I need. :|

APokoj
    Participant

I just threw together all of the sample styling and javascript the site was offering and put it all in the head section for you… just create a HTML file and put this code in it

Code:

Untitled Document

but just as you see it in the header, you need to make sure to have all of the directories in the correct places (images, javascript files, etc…)

I just tossed in a few random images and renamed them slide1… etc and the slider seemed to work fine. (theres obviously some tweaking that could be done but it works..)

mdrd
    Participant

Thank you :mrgreen:

The weird thing is, when I put the code in my existing page it didn’t work, but when I started from scratch it worked. Looks like I have to take a look at my code and find out what’s going on.

APokoj
    Participant

you may want to make sure in your <head> you are linking your javascript files in the correct order (top to bottom in the same order as the sample)

lilkrafty

Hi,

is there a way to change the slide only when clicked on?

Sunrise

Hi lilkrafty,

Check out this solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.