Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Solved] Nivo Lightbox Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mintdesigner
    Participant

I am a newbie to javascript and I have used a nivo lightbox in my website but it is giving a strange problem. After the user clicks on the gallery image in portfolio section once, it works fine. But when the user closes the lightbox, it seems like all the (a) tags get disabled or something. None of the (a) tags work, not even the menu on the entire page and neither the lightbox. Please help.

Link : http://fiveonlineclient.in/project/vizcom/adfilms.html

Chromawoods
    Participant

It is the gallery overlay (nivo-lightbox-overlay) that is blocking everything else on the page. You can find it just before the body tag closes. If you inspect its CSS after closing the lightbox, you will see that its z-index is very high.. and it does not matter that the opacity is 0, it will still obstruct your other stuff as long as it’s not display: none; or z-index: -1; or whatever suitable.

mintdesigner
    Participant

Hey Thanks for the quick reply. If I give display none or z-index -1, it doesn’t show anything at all. I gave the overlay visibility hidden and it worked !!
    Thanks a lot.

Paulie_D

This does not seem to be an issue in Chrome.

I can dismiss the lightbox and everything still works fine.

Chromawoods
    Participant

@Paulie_D I think the reason why it works now is that @mintdesigner fixed the problem before you had a go at it. :)

Paulie_D

Ah…good to know.

s_cristina
    Participant

@mintdesigner

Hey :) You have exactly the lightbox that I’ve been searching for! Can you help me??? I reeeally need help in this.

mintdesigner
    Participant

Yes sure I can help. Please share what is it you exactly want?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.