Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Newbie with iphone not responsive issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    theremotedr
    Participant

Hi,
    Ive been trying hard to put my finger on this fault without any
    success.
    I have a slideshow on my page but the images do not resize when viewing on the iphone.
    Here is the page in question http://www.theremotedoctor.co.uk/z9.html
    The photos used are 640×480 and have the same effect on the iphone4 or iphone5

Having said that here is another page from my site http://www.theremotedoctor.co.uk/z9.html
    If you select Smart remote the 640×480 image is loaded & when viewing on the iphone 4 & iphone 5 they are resized no problem.

This is why i am now confused.
    If you could take a look and possibly advise that would be great.

Many thanks.

timbarden
    Participant

Hi,

The problem lies in the width and height applied to the slideshow container, ie #slidedom. The slideshow function is applying a fixed width of 650px and height 578px, hence why the img inside is not resizing on smaller screens.

If you change the slideshow function to set #slidedom to width: 100%; max-width: 650px; height: auto; then that should makes the images responsive again.

theremotedr
    Participant

Hi,
    Is this within a css file if so which one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

timbarden
    Participant

No, you’ll need to adjust the Javascript function in the HTML file. Looking at the source code, line 223 is the one to edit. Try something like this:

document.write('<div id="slidedom" style="width: 100%; max-width: 650px; height: auto; background-color:'+slidebgcolor+'"></div>')

This will mean the variables slidewidth and slideheight on lines 181-182 no longer do anything, so probably worth removing these two lines.

theremotedr
    Participant

Hi,
    I just found that line as email received.
    Ive now changed it and perfect on the iphone.

Having said that could you take a look on the pc as there has been a layout change.
    The contact details have shifted down the page & there is a blink of the page if you watch it for a minute.

Thanks for the help.

timbarden
    Participant

Ah yes, within the style tag on the line you just edited, there was a float: left; there previously that needs to be reinstated.

As for the blink, there seems to be a missing image/broken image link that was there previously – not sure if that’s what you mean?

theremotedr
    Participant

Do you have a copy of the float code.

I did not see it,i inserted the new code before i deleted the other and it was like below.

document.write('

<div style="width:'+slidewidth+';height:'+slideheight+';background-color:'+slidebgcolor+'"></div>

')

document.write('

<div style="width: 100%;height: auto;background-color:'+slidebgcolor+'"></div>

')

theremotedr
    Participant

I have put the float back if you could check it but pc still the same.

timbarden
    Participant

Oh that’s wierd, I swear there was a float in there originally. Anyway, just add it in like this and that should be enough.

document.write('<div id="slidedom" style="width: 100%; max-width: 650px; height: auto; float: left; background-color:'+slidebgcolor+'"></div>')

theremotedr
    Participant

Spot on & works a treat.
    I only seen the float in line 182 var slidewidth=’650px; float: left’

I also need to ask a question regarding smooth scroll,shall i start a new topic ?

timbarden
    Participant

Ah, yes that’s where it was.

Yeh, I would suggest starting a new topic. Also, a question about smooth scrolling would likely be best posted (and answered) in the Javascript Jungle!

theremotedr
    Participant

Ok
    I will post there now.

Watching the slideshow on the pc for say 2 minutes there is a glitch.
    No links broken etc though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.