Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Newb Site Ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jerm993

Hello everyone, I have found in the past that a key part in learning pretty much anything is just in doing whatever it is until you understand it fully. However it seems that i find out something new and always want to scratch my last site and start over and try to include this new knowledge that i have acquired. I don’t think i should take on an actual job from say craigslist to design a site for someone, however i feel that if i had a "real" subject to create a site on i would be more likely to finish it. In addition if someone within the designer community gave a newb an idea on a site then there is a chance that sed designer would have an idea about what he wants and could then help sed newb in creation if he/she has any questions. My question to you all is, do any of you have any ideas for a site to give me some motivation to not start over all the time^^?

TheDoc

Create a website for a fake municipality. Most municipalities require almost all possible features you can imagine on a site (a What’s New area [aka, blog], an Events calendar, standard pages, robust contact area, etc etc). Some half decent examples from my local area:

http://www.nanaimo.ca/

http://vancouver.ca/

Jerm993

thanks doc that sounds like a good idea. For some reason i couldn’t get past trying to create a homepage for myself even though i have done so with igoogle and probably couldn’t create one that works better for me then that.

al_m473
    Participant

checked out the nanaimo site, check out "risk management" on the dropdown menu under "departments’,
    is that not an unusual entry under that?

also notice on this site that there is a mobile version of the site, never have seen that before

Al

TheDoc
    "al_m473" wrote:
    also notice on this site that there is a mobile version of the site, never have seen that before

Al

Yea. The company that I worked for actually designed and developed that site. We include a mobile and high contrast version of every site we develop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.