Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Website – Review Appreciated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sekuru

Hi Guys,

I have finally gotten around to designing a website for my company. I am in no means a web designer, and certainly not artistic, so it has been a bit of a struggle, but i am starting to get to something i think i like.
    It is still a work in progress, and i’m sure a lot of the css and code is horrible. But i would appreciate some feedback on the general look / layout of the site and anything i could improve on.

Here it is – http://www.sgsitech.co.za

Thanks guys

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Well, with your intro, I was prepared for a horrid site, but it’s really not bad at all, esp for the first round.

Your use of graphics and icons is fantastic. It keeps the page visually appealing. I think the image in teh top right is the only one that is bugging me.

I’ll have to agree with rob about the empty space. If I had to guess, it’s because your background is white, AND you have outlined the main content area with a black line, but the inside is the exact same color as the background. I’d recommend changing one of these. (ie. make the background a blue fade or blue texture OR make the main content an off white color.)

This forum for example is white everywhere, WITHOUT the outline, and the text boxes have a different background color.

That’s my guess.
    -Ashton

sekuru

Thanks Rob & Ashton!

Great to get some nice comments from some Pros! And thanks for the suggestions.

I know what you mean about the white space – it bugged me sometimes when i looked at it, but i liked it other times.
    I have tried darkening the background a bit to highlight the content area, but i will play around a bit more and see what i can get to work(my creative ideas a bit limited!).

Aprreciate the comments guys. I anyone else has any please feel free…
    Oh – and big thanks to css-tricks – pretty much learnt all my very basic skills from here!

Cheers

benicemi
    Participant

That is mainly the reason why pre-scripted websites are popular to people who are not so adept in web designing but have the guts to make their own. You made a good job pal, even if the design are obviously pre-scripted, at least you were able to maintain a clean looking website. Maybe it is quite simple but nevertheless it is functioning and the contents are more important.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.