Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design New website landing page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drose379
    Participant

Hey guys, been working on developing a site and I posted it here a few days ago, one guy said he didn’t feel comfterble signing up and testing out the features of the site because the landing page looked a bit sketchy. Up until now I have really just been focused on the backend stuff of the site but I decided to take a few hours to throw this together. Still a draft obviously. Im not going to tell you about the site in the description, because hopefully the landing page gives you some insight. Check it out, thanks for looking! LINK: http://i.imgur.com/36Yhap5.png

mmcgu1966
    Participant

The container for that page looks too wide. Im guessing that it has 100% width, give it a max-width of around 900px to tighten it up a bit for Desktop.

Try giving the ‘WE REACH GOALS’ header text the same color as the bottom-section background and giving it a subtle white text-shadow (text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px rgba(255,255,255,.75);).
    Also, the work ‘Opportunity’ has way too much text-shadow. try knocking that down to something like (text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.35); ).

Also, consider giving that signup form a fixed width and center it .
    You might also make the login and signup buttons more cohesive… similar placement, similar styling (not just contrasting).

drose379
    Participant

@mmcgu1966 Ok, thanks for the advice. Could you get a general idea of what the site is about from looking at this page?

mmcgu1966
    Participant

Looks like a PHP-centric version of CSS-tricks or Stack Overflow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.