Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New website – feedback please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Philben
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just finished a quick responsive site for a friend.
    [Go to site](http://mteverestcleaning.co.nz/ “Go to site”)

Your feedback ‘ll be appreciated.

theacefes

Pretty nifty. :) The “contact” link on the footer drops down to a second line though, even on large screens.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Philben, question for ya, are you caching your images when the home page loads? The images take a while to load.

Philben
    Participant

@theacefes: will sort that out, thanks.

@JohnMotylJr
    : I’m not, u got suggestions as to how to handle that?

lucas572

Nice :) One thing I would say though, on mobile it would be a bit annoying if on every page I was greeted with the Book Now form instead of the content of the page.

Maybe have the content then the call to action? Or perhaps have a Book Now button that people can click to reveal the form (like you’ve done with the menu), that would save some space on those tiny screens! :)

Philben
    Participant

Thanks guys, all suggestions will be taken into account.

@mcjohnst
    : It’s not CMS, so will attempt hijacking HTML5BP’s htaccess; not sure if the hosting package gives access to that file tho.

@lucas572
    : that’s good observation; I’ll go with your suggestion.

@JoshBlackwood
    : Yes, you’re also right about the images.

noahgelman
    Participant

Overall the site looks really clean. Only a couple minor things.

Images should be optimized. If you have access to an image editor (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc), use it to export the image to reduce the file size. If not you can use an online tool like Yahoo’s [Smush.it](http://www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/ “Yahoo Smushit”). Sometimes Smush.it is down though. They could be reduced by half in size.

I might also suggest aligning the nav Left, instead of right. When the nav is that wide, aligning it to the right doesn’t come off as visually appealing as it might if it was just a couple links.

When the mobile nav is up and you open the drop down, the Home, if high lighted, touches the button, should be a small gap.

The footer has an empty list item with an unused class. First link also has an active class.

When dragging the Contact form Text field, its changing the width of all the form elements. Not sure if thats intended. Might want to put a max-width:100% so it doesn’t get out of hand.

Couple other small things like html that can be reduced in some places, usage of classes/ids.

I’m really impressed. It’s a good looking website.

Philben
    Participant

@noahgelman: thanks for the suggestions.

budha210

Looks good!

posterity576
    Participant

The inconsistency in the horizontal space of the header and footer concerns me.

Overall, good job.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.