Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other NEW WEBSITE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marius

I’m starting a big project: redesign my work website. (I’m planning to use wordpress as a CMS). I don’t really know where to start…what questions to ask. Is there a guide for something like this? Thanks!

Colorful Tones
    Participant

Not sure if there is a guide. Google around. If you have specific questions regarding WordPress I may be able to help.

mwdewitt

Well, by choosing WordPress, I would say you are probably on the right forum. People in these parts seem to be a little WordPress crazy, myself included. There actually is a guide for WordPress written by Chris Coyier himself. Here is a link to the book, here. It’s called “Digging into WordPress.” And the two authors update it every time a new version of WordPress comes out. It’s a very helpful book which deals with everything you could possibly want. I highly suggest it. Good luck!

Colorful Tones
    Participant

I second that. I forgot about ‘Digging into WordPress.’ Great resource!

mwdewitt

I really like the deal that they have with “Digging into WordPress” where you get a new PDF of the most current version every time they update WordPress, which happens about once a month, so you know you are reading up-to-date information. Also, it’s freakin’ Chris Coyier. You can’t go wrong with that. Chris has taught me everything I know about HTML, CSS, PHP, and WordPress.

TheDoc

Here’s my process for building a WordPress site:

1. Design Templates
    2. Create HTML Templates
    3. Do all browser testing
    4. Integrate HTML Templates into WordPress
    5. More testing
    6. Enter Content
    7. Launch

This forum will be a great resource for you as well! I also recommend checking out Digging into WordPress.

Billy
    Participant
    marius

Wow. Great input. Thanks everyone. I know Digging into WordPress. I am planning to buy the hard copy but right now is sold out… :( that’s a good thing though :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.