- This topic is empty.
June 8, 2010 at 2:53 am #29280
Hi I just made a new website for myself and I’m new to the web design world so any feed back you guys can give would be most helpful
thanks JonJune 8, 2010 at 1:56 pm #77356Andy StapleParticipant
I really like the simplicity of the design, colors, and layout. Good work in that department.
The logo however, really needs to go. That giant stroke on the logo, and its type itself is not very good, and for a graphic designer looks very amateurish. The footer also feels out of place. The link colors, and the links itself just seem like spam at the bottom of the page. I think if you can update those 2 things, the site will be very nice.June 8, 2010 at 5:11 pm #77375
OK I’ve updated those two items. The links I kinda have to have for promotional reasons but I think the new colors workJune 8, 2010 at 9:55 pm #77378ZonglarsMember
While the overall design it nice, I’ve have several problems with the details.
June 18, 2010 at 11:20 pm #78216JZdesignMember
- The logo seems very out of place typographically; it doesn’t match with the tone set by the fonts you use in the rest of the site. Either change the logo or choose a more modern font for the titles (where you’re using Georgia I believe).[/*:m]
- Your ads in the portfolio need to have bigger full-size versions; they’re all no bigger than 450×450; try more for 600 or 800 pixels, otherwise it looks like you’re getting a slightly larger thumbnail.[/*:m]
- Your websites in the portfolio need to link to the actual sites, not a small preview window. Just disable the lightbox on those links.[/*:m]
- I think you went a bit leading happy with your body text; a line height of 3? try 1.5 or 2 at the most. Increasing the leading/line-height does improve readability, but this is ridiculous; it makes each line look like a separate sentence.[/*:m]
- The animation on the accordion menu titles (in the service section) is too distracting and doesn’t make sense; why would the arrows shoot across to the other side? Just leave it at the colour change, please.[/*:m]
- That enlarge on hover you have on the pull quote, get rid of it, pronto; it’s distracting, and scared the crap out of me when I first triggered it. I’ve simply never seen that before, and I bet for good reason, and there’s no indication it would inflate on hover[/*:m]
- You need to do something with the links in your navigation menu, make the whole button clickable, not just the text. For a moment I thought the button was broken, but it was because I clicked on the coloured part, not the text. Making the click area a bit bigger helps a lot.[/*:m]
- The outlines in the contact form, lighten them. They seem really distracting, where on the portfolio page, the grey boxes have more subtle outlines.[/*:m][/list:u]
Some good feedback above. I might add that you have some strange, seemingly accidental, pixels in the top left above your logo.
Overall though, a nice clean design.June 21, 2010 at 1:55 am #78272
OK I did some of the suggestions some I just could not do like the buttons everything I tried to do just messed it up don’t know I’ll keep at it. Not sure about the headline font but suggestions would be nice.June 21, 2010 at 4:10 pm #78314Capt OtisMember
The only thing that bothers me is the font size… it seems way too small. It is readable and clear, just takes some squinting.
- The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.