Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End New to wordpress, php and the custom fields

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WildSpirit

I have decided to start using wordpress to build sites after reading about all the benefits including the CMS aspect for my clients.

I have finally got most of the site I’m working on looking right and functioning almost properly.

I want to have a video page on the site that will have a main heading/category and then under each heading the person I’m doing the site for can upload videos (as many or as few as they like).

I’ve created the page here: http://highhorsevideo.com/wordpress/vid … on/videos/
    but it doesn’t have any videos yet since I am not sure how to go about.

I downloaded a plugin called XHTML Video Embed that will hopefully help.

What I don’t understand/need help with is how do I make it so my client can add videos under any category they like on the "video" page? As you can see there are about 13 categories on that page.

I hope I’m explaining this well enough!

If you need more info please let me know!! I’m taking a course on PHP and MySQL next month so hopefully that will help me understand things a lot better!!

Thanks!
    Lyle

john010117

If I’m understanding this correctly, have them create a new post for each video and categorize it under the category you want (ex: Documentaries, Educational DVDs, etc.)

Or, if you want them as pages, create a new parent page with no content, but with the title of the category (ex: Documentaries, Educational DVDs, etc.). Then, create another page with the video, and set its parent page with the category page.

If that’s what you wanted, then do one of the above and we’ll go from there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.