Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New site mockup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matt25
    Participant

Ok, so I’m designing a new site for a business and I’ve been toying around with some ideas and I built this quick mockup of one of them. It only is a simple design and that’s all it needs to be, simple and practical.
    [attachment=0]sullyco.jpg[/attachment]
    The nav will have a roll-over state of a darker opacity and there will obviously be a footer and I havn’t done anything with fonts yet. But I was wondering what you guys thought of it. Is it too blue/dark? content element look wrong?
    This is just a very rough mock up and I’m not settled on the design at all yet.

Also, A quick Photoshop question, When you create an element like a box with the rectangle tool how do you then change the colour after you have made it? I’m sure I know it but I’m not having a very good day today and my mind is going blank at the simplest things!

Thanks, Matt

Rob MacKay
    Participant

PS Question:

If you rasterised it, which is probably the simplest option, you can add a colour overlay in the layer properties or control click the layer preview thumbnail to select all of the shape in that layer, you can than colour it that way with the old fill tool or gradient tool…

matt25
    Participant

Thanks about the PS Question, I remember now :)

Honestly, I think those particular shades of blue don’t aid the site’s professionalism, why not try using some darker shades instead?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.