Good work! Few issues – it breaks in IE8 and less ( not sure of your target users tho). You might want to consider appending your Html 5 elements to the DOM for wider support. It might be personal preference, but I find your portfolio list a bit too ‘in-your-face’ kind of, you may want to consider reducing it and increasing the gutters.
@Philben – Cheers, haven’t done cross browser fixes (read, IE8+ support yet). To be honest, I’m not even going to bother firing up IE7, percentages are so low nationally and in our analytics.
When you say “appending your HTML5 elements to the DOM for wider support” – can you explain what you mean? I’m using HTML5 shiv and a block reset for HTML5 elements if that’s what you’re getting at?
Another good one is Fovea. http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/0/3855/39455/Fovea_LG2_900.png
Hooray – and it’s live – http://unleash-it.co.uk
I incorporated a lot of the feedback you guys offered, so let me know what you think.
@joshuanhibbert – I took the advice you gave on the buttons, definitely a good move.
Also do you feel certain pages need images too? I feel like the content on some pages could do with breaking up a bit.
I tried it here on the [responsive web design](http://unleash-it.co.uk/responsive-webdesign) page but I’m not sure.
I’m late to the party, but want to say:
1) Lovely design; I especially like the colors scheme. And a really nice touch with the two-color main nav items that become one color when hovered.
2) Very slow loading in Firefox (17.0.1)
3) In Safari (5.1.4), page initially displayed alternating horizontal black and white bands. And I’ve waited over 3 minutes and the page still hasn’t fully loaded. [After nearly 5 minutes the “banding disappeared, but it’s still trying to load the last of 33 items.] **[This may have been an anomaly, because when I restarted Safari and cleared history/cache, it loaded very quickly.]**
3) Loads properly (no alternating B&W bands) and faster in Chrome (17.0.something).
4) Loads properly (no alternating B&W bands) and faster in IE9.
Just noticed what might be a typo in the first paragraph of What We Do. It reads:
“What that means for you is that with one all encompassing website, provided by us, you can reach your customers “**on**” whether they’re on a mobile, a tablet, their trusty desktop, fancy laptop or maybe even on a coconut phone if it has a screen!”
Looks like an extraneous “on” to me.
@snillor – thanks for the spot on the typo, fixed it.
Regarding that background black problem – I have noticed it previously when viewing on Safari iphone during the load – it’s definitely a weird one. I’ve tried setting a background colour on HTML/Body so will see whether that cures it (background is just a repeating pattern image).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.