Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New site .. feedback appreciated. :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tcindie

Hey all, I’ve just finished a site redesign for my friend’s business, Yellow Rocket Media. All the layout is done strictly with CSS, and it’s extremely lightweight — weighing in at a total of 172K for the entire site! :)

I’d love to hear any feedback, and should you happen to need any of his services, I’m sure Chris @ Yellow Rocket would love to hear from you.. ;)

http://www.yellowrocketmedia.com

early versions of IE choke on the watermark graphic; once the pngfix script runs the graphic disappears, but otherwise it appears fully functional across most/all browsers.. the big three anyway, Firefox, Safari, and ie.

[attachment=0]yr-screenshot.jpg[/attachment]

Jonz

I think the whole site in content area in general is a bit bland and empty. Try putting some images to stimulate the senses. It’d add some color differentiation and just someone more to look at apart from text. I don’t like reading something unless I see i something on a page that would make be be like "ahh what do they say about that let me find out."

Edit: It has enough space for a sidebar (on at least the hompage) as well.. The information looks very little and I think your index.html is the most important page on the site. That where most times people land (with exception to blogs) first and get their first impression of the entire site.

Make their judgment to decide to leave or continue…

tcindie

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I’ll take it into consideration when I’ve got time to do any additional work on the site. For the time being, it is what it is… I was only given so much to work with, ya know. ;)

As I said, this is for a friend of mine, so it’s more of a "as a favor" job than anything else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.