Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Site Design – "Pro Built"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cpj238

Hey Guys!

I just recently got approval on a mock up for a ‘Home Builder’ and his company called "Pro Built" and started coding it up:

http://cjohnson9.icnd.net/

Its on a tester site of mine, my portion of laying it out in CSS is done, its going to our programmers for ColdFusion database hook up, then I’ll be making the home gallery and portfolio pages work with JQuery and their image uploader.

I had to code this one super fast, in like 1-2 hours yesterday at the end of the work day, so its broken in IE6, but only the thumbnails, I can’t seem to figure out why…could the problem be that they are being floated? hmm Any input will be helpfull!

Thanks again for your nice words on my last project, and follow me on twitter if your not already ;)

http://twitter.com/CSSGraphicsGuru

~ Chris

Luminated

I dig it…the top beige background seems a bit conflicting with the navbar bg…I think you are going for a ‘reflective’ look on the navbar, and the top bg takes away from that…perhaps a gradient or a solid color instead? The line height on the text could be reduced a bit. Otherwise, its very nice. Like the clear navigation bar and big visuals. Professional and concise. Good work!

brycer

I quite like it, although the gradients on the header and menu bar seem rather harsh, and the home page text could benefit from either increased text size or a decreased line height.

Nice work :)

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I must say that I actually like the small text with lots of line-height. It’s not difficult to read, but it definitely is "different."

On an SEO point: Why is your "main header" an <h4> instead of and <h1> or <h2> ? Do you have three more important headers?

From the <H4> and below is great IMHO. The header is just "off" to me. The Nav Bar is too over-sized for me, and as mentioned there’s something conflicting with the header.

I do like your Nav colors (including the hover) Very professional. It’s just too big imo.

(cool, followed ;))

cpj238

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback :)

This design was pretty much the client saying "I like reflective shiny things, and try to work my logo into it" and his logo was a Patch on a shirt (his only copy) thus I had to scan, re-trace, and color 0_O…. Its ok for what it is I suppose.

Here at ICND where I work, I have to leave <h1><h2><h3> off my code for our SEO guys to use.

This site is currently in the process of being programmed by our ColdFusion guys here (not sure if they started but they will!) Then after their image uploader is up, I’ll be making that main gallery work with JQuery ;)

I’ll have more updates as they go ;)

~ Chris

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "cpj238" wrote:
    This site is currently in the process of being programmed by our ColdFusion guys here

I’m sorry to hear that.

I hear CF has a lot of similarities to a pile of feces, but I’m happy for you that you don’t have to do it. :lol:

cpj238
    Quote:
    I hear CF has a lot of similarities to a pile of feces, but I’m happy for you that you don’t have to do it. :lol:

Hahaha, I showed that comment to the guy who taught me CSS here, and he nearly fell out of his chair laughing.

~ Chris

I like the design. The only suggestion I have is to make better use of the space inside the header. The quotes look a little "lost" and I would make them bigger.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3340/3608149973_58f90c2e9e_o.jpg[/img]

I like it – the gallery is pretty nice on the homepage also.

My only real suggestion would be to alter the gradient style of either the menu bar or the header. Both of them using that shiny, metallic look may be a little too redundant. Giving one of them a more "matte" look I think might provide a nice contrast.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.