Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Site Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ralf100

Well in this case I would like suggest to watch some of the earlier episodes of screencast’s about slicing webpages and creating webpages.
    IMHO I would start [here] (https://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/1-converting-a-photoshop-mockup-part-1-of-3/) and then continue in sequence all the way to episode #12ff. I am sure you find that most valuable.

Paulie_D

@ralf100 I think you are missing the point.

He doesn’t have a design mock-up, he has nothing more than a layout mock-up.

That said, I would suggest that he takes some elements that he likes from the previous website (assuming this is a replacement) and see if they can be re-used.

Visitors, in my experience, aren’t great fans of complete refreshes…they like things to stay (mostly) the same. That’s not to say that a complete overhaul isn’t sometimes beneficial but if you are targeting a specific audience it is only logical to keep doing what they like.

If this is NOT a replacement, then a search around some template sites to see what KIND of things he likes might be beneficial.

Otherwise, hire someone.

Wildman

Great thank you, Paulie_D.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.