Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS New server fails media queries for ie8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pcknights
    Participant

Hi we have a website in a server,
    and we have move it to another new one.
    The strange thing that happens is that in the new server the css media queries for ie9 and bellow does not work. I have already disabled pagespeed injection and the view source page is the same for both servers the only thing is that in the new one for some reason the media queries doesnt work for older ie versions(they work for newer).
    I am pretty sure it is a server issue,
    Does anyone know what do I have to enable-disable to my server to make things work??
    Any help appreciated!!!

pcknights
    Participant

Same website in 2 servers
    First server I test with ie8 with developer tools and I am able to see the css code that is inside my media queries. The media queries doesnt work for ie8 but the code that is inside the brackets it is displayed it works it just doesnt count the media queries.
    In the second server the code that it is inside the media queries brackets it doesnt displayed at all for ie8.

Paulie_D
    Senff
    Participant

The media queries doesnt work for ie8 but the code that is inside the brackets it is displayed it works it just doesnt count the media queries.

What do you mean by this exactly? I’m not sure I understand.

__
    Participant

the view source page is the same for both servers

the code that is inside the brackets it is displayed [on the first server]…
    In the second server the code that it is inside the media queries brackets it doesnt displayed at all for ie8.

These two statements seem to contradict each other. If the page source delivered by the servers is the same, then you would see the same code. Is this the case, or is the source code different?

Further, do you mean to imply that the code in question, from the second server, does appear in browsers other than IE8?

Where is the CSS you are talking about? in a <style> element on the page? an external stylesheet?

pcknights
    Participant

Ok sorry let me exmplain it better.
    I have the same website in joomla in 2 different servers
    In a page I got media queries for hide a div.
    In the first server the div is hidden and with developer tools for ie8 i can see the css with the display hidden.
    In the second server div is not hidden and when i see the code with developer tools inside the css I can not see the display hidden code.
    As for the respond.js I have installed and enable Super Fossil plugin which works for the first server just fine.
    It loads the css from an external sheet that is applied to the template.
    When I said same source code I meant when i do view source in both of them I have the same code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.