Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Portfolio Site – Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AustinKnight
    Participant

Hello,

I redesigned my portfolio website not too long ago; I would appreciate any design/code feedback. This is my first site using HTML5 and CSS3 so if you have any suggestions on that let me know!

Site: http://www.austinknight.net

Thank you!

Austin

Philip_T

Very nice…

Only thing I thought of where the white background going to transparent (on your content pages), see if you can make the transparency start earlier, so you see more of the background, still shouldn’t interfere with the text.
    Just cause since you bothered doing a nice background and you could show some more of it.

Have not looked at the Coding, but it seems to work for me (Mac/Safari)

cheers

ccc630

Damn nice site! Clean, crisp, and professional.

chrislopes

Nice! Only thing I’m not fond of is the main nav.

TheDoc

‘Other Recent Project’ links in the footer hit a 404.

Like Chris, I’m also not really fond of the main nav – the rest looks pretty good though!

OniLinkCR

Ditto on the main nav, the rest is good. Very good. I think it’s the Italics effect of that text, think it needs to go. Remove that, I think it’s definitely that.

AustinKnight
    Participant

@Phillip-T: Thanks for the suggestion, that was my original intent to show a bit more of the background. It looked pretty good on my machine but maybe I should make it i bit more transparent to help with other displays.

@chrislopes
    , @TheDoc, & @OniLinkCR: What specifically about the main isn’t working visually? Do you think it doesn’t have enough weight to it compared to other elements on the page?

The italics effect comes from the CSS3 skew that I used to achieve the yellow background when you hover the links. I’ll look into seeing if I can just get the background to skew and not he text.

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far!

mukarram

I love it all.

Excellent : design + color theme + the way of presentation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.