Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New personal website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bennihahn
    Participant

Hey guys,

yesterday I finished my new portfolio website and it’s online now. It features some of my webdesign and printdesign works and also some written essays (German). There’s also a Flickr badge showing my latest photo uploads.

http://bennihahn.com

Hope you all like it :) Any feedback is appreciated.

Tcooper

I like it – very clean, lots of whitespace (maybe a bit too much around the header? not sure) For good markup’s sake, you should change a lot of your selectors from ids to classes (container, box, portfolio) – ids are intended to be unique for each page, so if you use it more than once on a single page it should really be a class. Make sure you encode all the ampersands you put into your markup too (&)

bennihahn
    Participant

@Tcooper Thank you very much for your feedback. I wasn’t really aware of the problem with the "id" and "class" selectors. Thanks for your hint. I will change that soon :)

Can you say me why I should encode all the ampersands?

Thanks again,
    Benni

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Hello,

I really like the way you have styled your personal website. It is very clean and looks great. I also liked you web designs that you have made for the company and that organisation. Good job.

Are you using just CSS?

I’m going to be starting my 2nd year in my program in web development come September and I’m just having trouble deciding how to make sites look etc. The fact that I’m having difficulty either code/design ideas depending on the situation is really making me think if this is right for me.

If you have any ideas or general advice to give me on whatever the case may be, it will be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to send me an email,

bennihahn
    Participant

Hey Damnation17,

glad you like my website. Thank you :)

Yes, I do most of the styling with CSS(3). I’m doing this nearly every day and so I’m getting more and more knowledge of HMTL/CSS. I never read a book about webdesign but I’m reading many many RSS feeds about all kinds of design stuff. Thats how I got my "skills" :)

I have to say that I’m very passionate about webdesign and for me it’s not just work, it’s more like a hobby.

If you have any further questions feel free to post them here or send me an Email.

Greetz, Benni

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Sweet sweet:)

I love the idea of web design, I would really enjoy it if I knew how to design a better looking site. I would need to know how to make better backgrounds for the overall site, tricks with CSS to do certain graphic effects etc.

I find it would be more fun if I knew more about it, cause once you know how to do certain things it will be fun to create sites if you know what I mean?

alenshowbrizz
    Participant

Really I love your layout, Great work man, I am very impress your work, If you having a fully knowledge about, PHP, Java, SQL, Page Layout, Font, CSS, HTML so you can definitely create a good web site with the help of web design tools.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.