The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

New Page for my site-Feedback please

• # December 5, 2008 at 10:08 am

I’ve been coding a new page for my site and this is what I have come up with so far.

I’ve still got to add a lot more to the page but this is the general layout of it.

I would edit it some more just now but my host won’t let me login to my FTP due to something about ip addresses at college.

Any feedback for me on it?

# December 5, 2008 at 11:23 am

The text within the iPhone doesn’t match well with the sleek design of the phone. Other than that is looks ok.

Side Note: Before I would ever attempt to get into one of these rackets I would like to see what is required, especially when it comes to completing the offers… long before I would need to supply an email.

# December 5, 2008 at 11:25 am

haha don’t worry about the ligitimacy of them.
    I’ve been doing it for over 2 years and have had over £2000 worth of stuff including a 37" tv and a macbook.

the offers are free trials and you don’t get any spam from them, but i’m here purely based on styling tips. Not trying to advertise anything before I get a ban slapped on me.

# December 5, 2008 at 11:26 am

Sorry, the intent wasn’t to accuse it of spam… the only feedback I could really offer was the text used within the iPhone.

# December 5, 2008 at 2:30 pm

haha it’s ok.

I’ll get round to experimenting with the fonts later on.

does anyone have a list of the fonts available to use as standard on the web?

or is there a way of embedding a font into your site so that it will show no matter what?

# December 6, 2008 at 5:35 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

There is a list of fonts here:

I don’t know of any surefire way for a different font to work.

If you absolutely must use a different font, I would make it as an image.

And as a sidenote, your website doesn’t load, so I can’t offer any feedback :P

# December 6, 2008 at 9:47 pm

theres a thing called sIFR 3 which allows you to use a font of your choice, it involves using flash, there is a video about it here

Other option is to use an image, makes things more complicated for adding links though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed