Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Look CSS-Tricks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ikthius

Chris…

Good new look, Like it, love the buttons

I have noticed it is a bit wider, but that makes it better for me….. hehe

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yup :) works well :)

TheDoc

I really like it. That header is a lot cleaner.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Feel free to screenshot any issues for me so I can take a closer look.

I didn’t touch anything in the forums besides reskinning the header and footer, so that’s super weird about the forum icons. I was seeing that problem too, so I just hid them for now, as I’m not sure how useful they were anyway.

I am not seeing the problem with FAQ or Explore though…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I’ve had 2-3 people seeing that. I can’t seem to replicate it on my end. Can you let me know your platform/browser. And if you can firebug the issue and find a fix, let me know I’ll give you a cookie =)

Matt

@Chris, I tested that in every browser I had: Opera(Windows/Linux/Mac), Internet Explorer 6-8, Firefox(Windows/Linux/Mac), Google Chrome(Windows/Linux) Konqueror/Linux and I couldn’t reproduce it. I even tried it in AirKit and couldn’t get it :S. Haven’t tried Safari (crashes my PowerMac).

But, I did notice this: [img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2w66kqp.png[/img]

In order: Firefox/Windows, Firefox/Linux (Ubuntu), Google Chrome (Chromium)/Linux (Ubuntu), and Google Chrome/Windows.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think I figured it out. I was using an em-space ( ) which was causing some wicked weird problems with line-height. I should probably have looked into it deeper, but ultimately, I gave up on that 3D sidebar approach and did something different over there, which actually solved the 1024px problem too, so whatever, we’re all good now =)

MrBrightside
    Participant

This has bugged me for a long time:
    [img]http://img2.pict.com/af/0f/b9/1599548/0/800/awkwardspace.jpg[/img]

whenever the forum gets too short, then it shows it’s white belly off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.