Forums

Get help. Give help. A Web Design and Development Community.

New logo CC

• # August 3, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Hey guys! I am looking for some feedback. I wanted to create a simplistic logo for my business. Let me know what you think.

Logo

__
    # August 3, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Why the broken line across the base of the upwards spike? Is it trying to look like an “A”? (and if so, I don’t follow why?)

I might make the “downwards spike” smaller, in comparison to the first part. But that would depend on your intent.

# August 4, 2014 at 12:19 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

@mreider to be able to help better, could you maybe tell which kind of business you are in?

# August 4, 2014 at 5:17 am

I guess stating what the business is would have helped :)

It is a web design/development company. The “upwards spike” is meant to be a mouse cursor is the negative space of the EKG line.

Thanks!

# August 4, 2014 at 5:21 am

The “upwards spike” is meant to be a mouse cursor is the negative space of the EKG line.

Even knowing that…it doesn’t look like a cursor to me.

# August 4, 2014 at 5:22 am

Okay thanks. Any suggestions on how to make it look more recognizable? Maybe if I put it at an angle?

# August 4, 2014 at 8:22 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Setting it at an angle will definitely make it more recognizable. Tried something here, but dropped the EKG line, for it has this association with health-care.

jo
    # August 9, 2014 at 4:39 am

Have you tried having a cursor icon pushing the line upward to create the spike?
    Maybe have it start spiking downward first, then have the cursor push it back up.
    I would sketch it for you, but not sure how I would post for you to see.

# August 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm

@jo, no I haven’t tried. Do you mean have the cursor going from bottom to top towards the right? If you have somewhere to upload it you can do that or email it to me. Thanks!

# August 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm

You should want your logo to be unique. A quick google search lead me to these examples. Perfect reason to go a different route.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We have a pretty good* newsletter.