Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Footer on CSS-Tricks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Hey Ya’ll –

Just for fun this weekend I threw up a new footer on the blog area. One of my main goals was to get a button on there for the new archives section. I’m not sure I did a terribly good job with that, but I think the design is a lot funner than it was. It’s also terribly inefficient. The background image down there weighs in at about 100k. I’m not all that worried about it, since the main content area renders first and it’s likely to be loaded by the time anyone makes it down there anyway. Any thoughts? Let me know.

NikeAirforce1s
    Participant

I saw it today, looks nicer than the one that was there before, it fit the overall layout of your site.

Volkan Görgülü
    Participant

Yeah, I like it too. And I wonder if the writing

Quote:
    CHRIS IS A WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER …

is a font or your original handwriting?

bunmun

i like the new footer, despite it being one of the largest footers i’ve seen in a while! But I think its great to come across design that is unexpected. Especially now, where I see so many typical Web 2.0 design cliches (that I’m definitely guilty of).

It would be good if you could find a way to align the text with the tilted "Friends" tag. I don’t have an efficient solution but I’m sure there’s someone out there up to the challenge!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.