Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New feature on this forum?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just noticed a feature on some threads that have “feature” and “bury”. I can’t see that they do anything when clicked, so what are they?

Paulie_D

I’m not sure everyone has the permissions to do this…it might just be the Mods.

Basically, it allows the reply to be promoted / featured (if it’s a good one) or demoted / buried if it’s less than stellar. :)

At least that’s the way I understand it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Paulie,

But I’m not a Mod, so someone should check this because I see it on posts.

Best Regards.

Paulie_D

Yeah…it might be visible but I don’t know if it’s functional for everyone or just Mods.

I ‘featured’ my first reply and it shows me an ‘Unfeature’ option so it’s working at the moment I think…or at least the ‘flag’ is.

Whether it does anything noticeable remains to be seen.

I’ll cc @ChrisCoyier so he’s at least aware.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Paulie,

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t getting something I shouldn’t. I had a forum at one time and have been a mod on others, so I know the headaches that can be caused when members accidentally get tools they shouldn’t have. I clicked on two when I first saw them this morning just out of curiosity. I saw nothing different except the changes to unfeature and unbury, so I figured I’d better ask.

Best Regards.

nixnerd
    Participant

Yeah… you might want to check the permissions for this feature because I saw it yesterday too. Also, it caused one thread in particular to be REALLY buggy. I typed no less than 3 responses that were never posted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.