Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS New design critique plus need css help how to position a div…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joelmb

Some of you may have already seen this, as I’ve been implementing Anythingslider into it. (Thanks Mottie for all your tremendouys help thus far!)

http://mediamarble.com/x.htm

Still work to do obviously, but thought I’d get opinion and suggestions at this point.

CSS question; the thumbnails on each slide are in a div with class “allthumbs”. It currently sits in the flow of the slide’s html so therefore it’s vertical height depends on how much copy is written above it, which is far from ideal. Currently I’ve tried to hack it to appear in the same vertical position on each slide using line breaks on slides with less text copy but it isn’t quite right. I know this is a bad fix!

So how can I fix it so the thumbs div is always right at the bottom of the slide and aligned with the bottom of the big ‘class=folioLarge’ image? I tried dabbling with relative/fixed/absolute positioning but this fixes it on the page, outside of the slider. Is there some better way I could do this perhaps? It does seem a bit crazy (way too much coding) that I’ve had to repeat the thumbs on every slide, I know. But I cant have the thumbs fixed on every slide as some dont need them (i.e when theyre not portfolio slides)

Any help, advice, suggestions, and constructive criticism appreciated.
    Joel

joelmb

hi sl1dr, yeah I tried that already, either doing something wrong or the slider doesnt like the code – when i attempt position relative the div just disappears (despite setting location to centre of screen, setting z-index high). not sure why!

yup allowing js diabled fallbacks, good point though

joelmb

Excellent, works now, thank you sl1dr!

joelmb

no comments other than yours sl1dr, wonder if that’s good or bad sign…. :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.