Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New CSS-Tricks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Media queries should be in now. Not perfect but something. No footer because the footer is all about me, whereas the forums are all about you =)

cpj238

Ah yes, very cool. Does this forum have the ability to show you who is viewing the topic you are reading? If so that would be something cool to put as the footer of the forums, kind of what like phpbb does; eg: cpj238, chriscoyier, and guest are viewing

Also, the Post Comment, left unstyled on purpose? If so, I actually kind of like that, gives it more meaning.

clokey2k
    Participant

I think that the ‘Post Comment’ button would need to be styled as it just doesn’t look right now. I do agree, however, that it would need to be styled differently. Maybe the same ‘size’ as the other buttons, but in a ‘not-so-vivid’ green – green for go?

Aside from the slight issues I mentioned earlier, I really like the new style. Really nice how the bright colours bleed through depending on which page you are on.

cpj238

@almcrorie – checked out this new layout in IETester which has IE8/7/6 and here is what I found.

IE8 – Looks fine, degrades nicely, width is fine
    IE7 – Header and side bar are there, but the content area is a skew and the footer wraps up.
    IE6 – Header is good, search is gone, content area blown out as well as footer (but who supports IE6 these days anyways, lol)

Firefox (Mac) – Looks purrrrrty, but the article border’s are slightly off in the top left.
    Chrome (Mac) – The best by far. If you have chrome, use it as your main for css-tricks.com ;)
    Safari – Surprisingly not as good as Chrome, the article border is slightly off here as well

We’re all nit-picking chris’ design here, but I am sure he appreciates the feedback, but saying “not impressed at all” isn’t very constructive.

~ Chris

almcrorie
    Participant

what happened to link to archives?

just tried FF again, seems to be better

Al

VagrantRadio

Nicely done Chris. While checking out the new site it prompted me to sign up and be part of the discussion.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I do like the rotating asterisk on the logo. Pretty cool

noahgelman
    Participant

Anyone else having an issue of being at the bottom of the page, and scolling up? All seems to go to hell at that point. Using FF 3.6 and tried on both XP and W7.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

What do you mean, “being at the bottom of the page and scrolling up”?

noahgelman
    Participant

I mean, if I scoll down to read the replys in the forum, or read comments on an article, and i grab the scroll bar and go to the top of the page real quick, things get really sketchy and freezes

*Edit: I don’t seem to be having that problem anymore. Maybe something in the back end has been worked out, or maybe it was just FF being weird.

noahgelman
    Participant

Sorry, scratch that. Keeps happening. If I scroll down, then up, this is what I see, and everything freezes.
    http://i.imgur.com/0yvlm.png

smathis

Your code color formatting in forum posts is completely washed out on the baby blue background. Might want to tweak those.

Gabriel
    Participant

I have to say I’m not a big fan of the candy colors. Too bright and too flat.

Also the rollover effect on the nav links doesn’t seem to work in FF. They just snap, whereas in Chrome and Safari they have nice animation.

I do like the bigness of everything, though, and it does have a nice overall flow to it.

Props for having the cajones and chops to roll out major redesigns so often.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

@noahgelman, thats on your end in firefox. It doesn’t look to be a design flaw.

Bob

I love the new design, although I have the same problem happening to me as noahgelman using firefox. Not each time though, happened a few times.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.