Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Nested DIVs and wrapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mrgr8avill

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. I tried to search for the answer, and am ashamed I don’t know it myself, but I guess I can’t distill it into the proper search string. Anyway:

I have need to develop an intranet page that will display information somewhat like an Excel spreadsheet with a locked column A. What I am aiming for is the first 350 pixels of the screen to stay static, and the remaining 100 DIVs, each 300 pixels in width, to be horizontally scrollable. Here is psuedoCode (for IE7) using inline style to explain what I am talking about:

Code:

Now, the contentDivs are "wrapping" within the scrollingDivHolder. I can increase the width of scrollingDivContainer to encompass all 100 of the contentDivs, but then the whole page becomes scrollable. What I really want is to get all 100 contentDivs to stay on one "line" within the scrollingDivHolder in the same way, say, an IFrame would scroll.

Hope I am explaining myself correctly. Thanks in advenace for any infromation or assistance you can provide.

EamonnMac

Not entirely sure I understand you (maybe a graphic?), but if you don’t want the whole page to scroll, why aren’t you using an iFrame? You could just remove column A, place it on the main page right up against an iframe containing the rest of the columns which you can then scroll horizontally through. You seem to know what you’re doing, so I’m probably not understanding the problem… ;)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.